Apply for a

How to get a Dutch Corporate income tax number?

All legal entities and partnerships, such as BV’s, associations and foundations get a number (RSIN) at their registration with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. This number is used to exchange data with other (government) organizations, such as the Dutch Tax Authorities


For example, the corporate income tax return has to be filed with this number. Without this RSIN companies, doing business in The Netherlands, cannot comply with Dutch law.

What if your company is already registered in another country?

In general, Dutch resident companies are subject to corporate income tax on their worldwide income. Specific income can be exempted according to Dutch law. Dutch law also states that no-resident entities are limited liable for taxes. These companies are only liable for their income from The Netherlands (foreign taxpayers). 


Dutch CIT is due on all income from The Netherlands. Meaning that foreign companies in some cases have to register at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. The most common cases are:

  • Foreign companies with a branch in The Netherlands;

  • Foreign companies that don't have a branch in The Netherlands but do have business activities in The Netherlands. This also applies for foreign entrepreneurs who don't have a company, like a BV, but exploit their activities as a sole-proprietor;

  • Foreign companies who loan employees to The Netherlands are also obliged to register in The Netherlands, regardless if they do or don't have a branch in The Netherlands.

Who can register a foreign company?

The director of the foreign company or the authorized representative reports him/herself with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce an officer living outside of The Netherlands doesn't have to identify itself but has to send some evidence along with the required forms.


The required forms can be found at: 


When you want to register a foreign company, the following documents have to be sent along with the required form:

  • Proof of registration in the country of origin (not older than one month);

  • A copy of the founding documents;

  • A copy of the articles of association;

  • A certificate of incumbency.

How do you register a foreign company?

  • The director of the foreign company;

  • The authorized representative of the foreign company.

Inco Business GroupToolkit



Our experts have combined their knowledge and strengths to create a tool we call the Business Toolkit

The Business Toolkit will help you and entrepreneurs from around the globe to truly understand the Dutch market, regulations and laws. And will enable you to take a deep-dive the many business-related topics.

This way you will easily get up to speed with our Company formation process, Dutch Accounting and our corporate services. 

Make sure to check out our handy checklists, explainer video's and extensively written Whitepapers too!